Lagos begins second phase of enumeration for Oworonshoki regeneration compensation
The Lagos State Government has begun the second phase of enumeration for residents affected by the Oworonshoki Regeneration Project as part of its ongoing compensation programme for property owners whose structures were demolished during the urban renewal initiative.
The exercise, which commenced on Monday, November 3, 2025, at the Oloworo Palace in Oworonshoki, Kosofe Local Government Area, was coordinated by the Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency, LASURA.
It was supervised by the agency’s General Manager, Town Planner, TPL, Oladimeji Animashaun, alongside directors, technical officers, and representatives of relevant government bodies.
Also present were community leaders, traditional chiefs, members of Community Development Associations, CDAs, and Community Development Committees, CDCs, civil society groups, security personnel, journalists, and a large number of residents who turned out to be documented.
According to TPL Animashaun, the second phase of enumeration became necessary to accommodate residents who were unable to participate in the initial exercise and to ensure that every legitimate claimant receives due compensation, in line with Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s directive.
“Just last week, we distributed compensation to affected residents whose buildings were pulled down under the Oworonshoki Urban Regeneration Project. However, several individuals who missed the initial enumeration appealed for another opportunity to be captured,” Animashaun said.
“Today’s exercise is to ensure no one is left out. As you can see, the turnout is even greater than before, which shows growing confidence in the government’s sincerity,” he added.
The LASURA boss noted that initial skepticism among residents had shifted to trust after the successful disbursement of the first batch of compensation, prompting more property owners to come forward for verification.
“Some residents initially doubted the government’s commitment and even considered protesting. But when they saw their neighbours receiving compensation, they realized it was genuine. That trust has now encouraged wider participation,” he explained.
Animashaun assured residents that the verification and compensation process would be completed within a short timeframe.
“Once this enumeration phase is concluded, payments will follow promptly, within a few days or at most a week, just as we did with the first batch,” he stated.
He also urged residents to remain peaceful and cooperate fully with government officials to ensure a smooth and transparent process, reiterating that the Sanwo-Olu administration remains committed to fairness, transparency, and the welfare of all Lagosians affected by developmental projects.

Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Limited has confirmed that it has met the Central Bank of Nigeria’s N200bn minimum capital requirement for national commercial banks, ahead of the deadline in 2026.




Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri has said his decision to leave the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, was made in the interest of the state.
No fewer than 1,000 members of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) and the Kwankwasiyya Movement have defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano State.
Public affairs commentator, Mahdi Shehu, has criticised United States President, Donald Trump over his recent threat to launch military action in Nigeria under the guise of protecting Christians.